Thursday 30 October 2014

25 random things you may not know about me


This is the 25 Random Things meme which was going around on Facebook a while back when I first joined. The point of this was to write down 25 random things about yourself that might surprise those who think they know you. I am well aware that there are very few people who might find 25 random things about me interesting enough, but I think it's still fun to do and so I thought I'd share it again here.

 
I tend to suffer from sicosnipophobia.


 
I'm a chocaholic.  I've been know to having devoured a whole big tub of Nutella in just 3 days, by licking it off a spoon and not spread on bread.
 
 
Board games are my favourites.  From Monopoly to Scrabble to Cluedo.  They're classics.
 
 
I absolutely love my long hair.  I consider it part of my personality now and I wouldn't feel like myself if I had to have it short.
 
 
I have a huge collection of Harry Potter paraphernalia.  From books and dvds to games, toy figurines, scarves and clothes.  My most treasured piece is Daniel Radcliffe's signed photograph.
 
 
I am an avid fan of horror movies.  The more gruesome the better.
 
 
I am in love with St. Sebastian.  Forever and ever.  Amen.
 
 
Clowns, porcelain dolls, carousels and the sound of ice-cream van chimes freak me out.  For some weird reason, I find these scarier than horror movies. 
 
 
Gozo is truly a 'diamond in the Mediterranean'.  I love going there for quiet weekend breaks away from the hustle and bustle of Malta.  I much prefer visiting in Winter rather than during the traditional, busiest St. Maria holiday in August.
 
 
I'm totally against abortion.  No reason justifies such act.
 
 
I'm in for cremation.  Hopefully, by the time I'll die, cremation will be possible in Malta.  I hate to think I'll be buried 6 feet under with God knows what running all over and eating out of me!
 
 
As much as I love rain, I can't stand umbrellas and windscreen wipers going back and forth.
 
 
I love all kinds of art.  I'm a very creative and artistic person.  I enjoy drawing and painting the most.
 
 
I miss my school years.  Memories of school days bring me nostalgia. 
 
 
Three places that are still on my wish list and definitely have to visit:  Venice, Florence and Australia.  In no particular order.
 
 
Speaking of Venice, I love those beautiful Venetian masks.  I'll have to get a great handmade one for sure.
 
 
I don't like pink, Barbie or anything too girlie.


But I love unicorns, fairies incense sticks and mystical fantasies.

 
I'd love to visit New York someday, if only for the sole reason of going out to eat at a restaurant and visiting a jazz bar in the middle of the night.  They say it's the city that never sleeps whilst I am a night owl, so I think NY and I will get along pretty well.
 

I love make-up, especially the prosthetic kind, even though I keep mine quite natural. And I love colour.  Whenever I'm in a make-up shop, I have to try out all the different colour samples that catch my attention.  I just can't help myself with colour!
 
 
Speaking of colour, I love Carnival and all the colourful carnival floats that are traditional to us Maltese.
 
 
The piano is my favourite musical instrument.  I used to learn the piano when I was a child and I hope I will pursue learning to play in future.
 
 
I admire Madonna.  She still looks so damn good for her age.  She just amazes me.
 
 
One day I will definitely have a library in my future house where I will be able to display my beautiful collection of books I own.
 
 
One thing I can be sure of is that if I had to go back in time I will do and go through exactly the same things I've been through.  I can honestly say I have no regrets.
 
What would be on your list of 25 Random Things?

No comments:

Post a Comment