Tuesday 17 September 2013

La Sfoglia

Last Friday (the 13th) my boyfriend Alan and I went for dinner at La Sfoglia. We had already been there with some friends a week or so before, for a wine-tasting meal, and since we very much enjoyed it, we decided to return this time for a proper dinner.

La Sfoglia is a gem of a restaurant in our historical capital city Valletta. It was a lovely, breezy Summer night (September in Malta is mostly quite humid) so it was a pleasure to dine outside on the piazza, just next to the 'Suq l-Antik' (the Old Market).



the blackboard menu



the excellent wine suggested to us by the very friendly & helpful manager Jerome

I don't really like seafood, so I left this plate of calamari for my boyfriend to enjoy :)

Mozzarella the Bufala Salad for me...

...and Linguine Rizzi (Sea Urchins) for him

all the while entertained by a saxophone player

For the main course, Alan opted for the tuna which was cooked to perfection and arguably the best fish we ever tasted

My Argentinian Ribeye was just as delicious and mouthwatering
 


If you're looking for a good night out in Valletta and a fine dinner, which albeit a little pricier than the standard restaurant is still very worth it, I'd suggest you try La Sfoglia.

We'll definitely visit again and again...



With love from Malta,
Ruth
     

No comments:

Post a Comment